In partnership with
Queensland jockey turned trainer Chris Munce has paired with miRunners and Racing QLD to train the gorgeous Snitzel x Typing filly. His success and experience in the saddle plays a vital role in his training philosophy, and has established him as one of Queensland’s most sought after trainers.
This combination is another great win for Queensland race fans, but also a win for all Australians who wish to take advantage of the Winter Racing in Australia
- Prize money = Over $6.2M
- Total wins = 177
- Biggest win = MM Guineas
- Win rate = 13%
- Most recently, Munce had the biggest win of his training career so far with Boomsara winning the $2m Magic Millions 3yo Guineas on the Gold Coast in January, 2019
- Chris Munce won 42 Group 1 races as a jockey including the Big Four – Melbourne Cup, Cox Plate, Golden Slipper and Caulfield Cup under the training of Australia’s greatest trainers such as Gai Waterhouse and Bart Cummings
- Based in Queensland, Chris Munce has amassed over 6.2M in career prize money in just 3 years
The Snitzel X Typing filly is
- A precocious filly out of Newgate Farm, NSW
- The prize money won by Snitzel’s offspring during 2017-18 exceeded $28.3 million, which is nearly double the previous national record of $16.2 million he set last season
- Snitzel was an outstanding sprinter, winning seven of his fifteen starts, including the Group One Oakleigh Plate, earning over $1 million AUD in prize money during his career
- The precocity presented by Typing merges a potentially potent bloodline with Snitzel, being the sire of this years Magic Millions winner and last years Golden Slipper winner
- Purchased at Magic Millions (Lot 249) for $330,000 AUD (inc. GST)
You can review the full pedigree page from Snitzel X Typing Auction listing by clicking here
And learn more about this Sire and Dam combination below:
Sire – Snitzel
Snitzel was an outstanding sprinter, winning seven of his fifteen starts, including the Group One Oakleigh Plate, earning over $1 million AUD in prize money during his career.
Although Snitzel had an outstanding career on the track, he has become even more of a phenomenon at stud. The Arrowfield Stud super stallion has been so dominant during 2017-18, he is Australia’s most expensive sire standing at a fee of $220000.
The sire’s record this season is impressive to say the least. Snitzel heads the General Sires’ Premiership not only by earnings, but also by winners @ 170, via 289 wins, 26 individual stakes winners and 43 total stakes wins.
He is repeating that success in the Three-year-old Sires’ Premiership with earnings in excess of $10.2 million AUD, 71 winners, 119 wins, 12 stakes winners and 20 stakes wins in total. He also leads the Two-Year-old Sires’ Premiership by earnings exceeding $3.5 million and 6 stakes wins.
Snitzel this last season gone had 26 individual Australian stakes winners, including four winners of six Group 1 races — Trapeze Artist (Golden Rose, TJ Smith Stakes, All Aged Stakes), Estijaab (Golden Slipper), Russian Revolution (Oakleigh Plate) and Redzel (Darley Classic). Redzel has won The Everest two years running, the world’s richest race on turf.
The prize money won by Snitzel’s offspring during 2017-18 exceeded $28.3 million, which is nearly double the previous national record of $16.2 million he set last season. Accessing Snitzel’s progeny has previously been the domain of the super wealthy, miRunners are excited that this is no longer the case.
He is the hottest sire in the southern hemisphere with 24 of his yearlings selling for $1 million or more in the last three years. During this period, his yearlings have been purchased for an average of $360,000 each. At the Magic Millions Sales in 2018, Snitzel had seven yearlings sell for $1m or more, with his 34 lots sold having an average purchase price of $478,000.
Dam – Typing
Typing won Australia’s first 2YO race of the year the Dalrello Stakes, which only the most precocious of young horses are able to run in, let alone win. The precocity presented by Typing merges a potentially potent bloodline with Snitzel, being the sire of this years Magic Millions winner and last years Golden Slipper winner.
Typing’s sire is Sebring who is by leading Australian sire More Than Ready, who sired Golden Slipper winners Sebring himself, as well as Phelan Ready.
Typing’s second dam is Zabeel delivering this cross one of the southern hemispheres most sort after female influences. The third dam is On Type, a G2 winning Zedative mare who won 6 races including two as a 2YO. She produced John Singleton’s Sugar Babe who was a G3 winner who also won 3 races as a 2YO.