What we do
miRunners is changing the face of Australian thoroughbred racing, making horse ownership accessible to all Australians.
For most of history, ownership of thoroughbreds was limited to a select few with high costs and obstacles making it incredibly difficult for the everyday Australian to enjoy the ownership experience.
The miRunners model has changed all that as we aim to bring the best horses together with the best trainers and make them affordable so anyone who has a passion for racing can experience ownership.
How we do it
There is no secret to our formula: we simply purchase a premium racehorse, match it up with a top tier trainer and split the purchase cost into 1,000 units. No mark up.
For example: when the first miRunners horse – Saganaki, was purchased at the Gold Coast Magic Millions for $165,000, the horse was split into 1,000 units which were available to purchase for $165 each.
We expect any horse we purchase to be in the $165,000-300,000 price range and every horse we purchase will be divided into 1,000 equal units. If the horse wins, the owners’ share of win is also distributed equally by 1,000 units.
miRunners makes its fees from the monthly fee. $11 (inc. GST) covers the communication and administration, $5 per month covers all the insurance, food and training fees. Total fees for your first unit will be $16 per month but only $5 for any subsequent units in the same horse. No matter how many units you own in a horse, you pay the $11 (inc. GST) component for your first unit only.
The miRunners ownership experience
No matter if you own a single unit or if you own 20, every unit holder is given the full ownership experience which includes:
- Updates direct to you from your leading trainer/stable in real time
- Pro-rata share in prize money won
- Pro-rata share in sales proceeds at end of racing career
- Opportunities to meet your horse and your trainer
- Private area on race day (dependent on the race day conditions)
- Certificate of ownership
- A chance to add a premium thoroughbred horse to your family
- The opportunity to develop life-long friendships
- A dedicated Australian based customer service team on phone, email and facebook