miRunners wants to provide all Australians with the opportunity to own a premium racehorse, trained by one of Australia’s leading trainers. The key to this model is making it affordable, easy to buy online, and to have access to weekly communications between trainer and unit holders.
A premium racehorse is purchased with the purchase price split into 1,000 equal units and made available for purchase to the public.
For example, Saganaki – the first miRunners horse – was purchased at the Gold Coast Magic Millions for $165,000, so units were made available for $165 plus a monthly fee of $16 (to cover training, admin, vets, transport, insurance, communications costs etc).
The unit cost for the next miRunners horse will be the purchase price divided by 1,000. There are no mark-ups or commissions on the purchase price of the yearling. You pay what we pay.
There are additional admin and training fees paid monthly. The monthly fee is $16 per month for a single unit and $5 per month for each additional unit purchased.
Full information is in the Product Disclosure Statements. You must keep your monthly fee payments ($16 per month for a single unit and $5 per month for each additional) unit up to date.
miRunners is legally recognised by the leading financial regulators.
miRunners is a trusted partner of Racing Queensland and other leading industry bodies.
miRunners is the sister company too miStable.
Built over ten years, miStable is the leading thoroughbred trainer and owner communications platform in Australia.
The platform represents 350 professional trainers, more than half the trainers population in Australia, and 96,000 thoroughbred owners. Between trainers and owners, there are over 30,000 communications per month managed by miStable.
miStable is a trusted partner to the horse racing industry. This is why miRunners owners can have the utmost confidence in the management of this program.
miRunners’ passion is to make thoroughbred ownership affordable, and bring the same standards and opportunities, to those who may have previously been unable to participate.
There are already over 2,000 miRunners owners enjoying Premium Thoroughbed ownership, many for the first time. miRunners owners rate their experience as 4.9 out of 5 – with the overwhelming majority giving it a 5 out of 5 star rating.
No matter if you own a single unit or if you own 20, every unit holder is given the full ownership experience which includes:
- Updates direct to you from your leading trainer/stable in real time
- Pro-rata share in prize money won
- Pro-rata share in sales proceeds at end of racing career
- Opportunities to meet your horse and your trainer
- Private area on race day (dependent on the race day conditions)
- Certificate of ownership
- A chance to add a premium thoroughbred horse to your family
- The opportunity to develop life-long friendships
- A dedicated Australian based customer service team on phone, email and facebook
Aside from an experience that will never leave you and your friends, you get to:
- Collect your share of prize money – miRunners does not keep any prize money
- Prize money is subject to state regulations and deductions are made for trainer, jockey and welfare funds prior to distribution
- The Constitution of the miRunners Scheme contemplates that scheme income will be distributed at least annually. However, the Responsible Entity may distribute more frequently and, subject to the right of the Responsible Entity to retain money on account of the scheme costs and of training and racing the miRunners Scheme Horses, will seek to distribute income generated from prize money at least quarterly. We endeavour to do an allocation on a quarterly basis and you will be emailed details to confirm.
- Funds will be debited directly into the bank account of your choice. Owners are responsible for supplying these details
Before purchasing you should read all Product Disclosure Statements and our Financial Services guide. Please review these documents by clicking on the following links:
Capitalist X Hollywood Mistress: Product Disclosure Statement (Part 1 and Part 2)
Hinchinbrook X Koonoomoo: Product Disclosure Statement (Part 1 and Part 2)
Exceed and Excel X Fate Rules: Product Disclosure Statement (Part 1 and Part 2)
Snitzel X Typing: Product Disclosure Statement (Part 1 and Part 2)
SOLD OUT HORSES: Dusty Tycoon, Fixated, Bellarine Beauty, Lyrical Girl, Not A Royal Doubt, Zoushack, Shezawitness, Rubick X Slainte, Saganaki
If you are an existing owner and wish to review the Product Disclosure Statement please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
All Horses: Financial Services Guide
All Horses: Terms & Privacy
The miRunners mission is to make racehorse ownership affordable. Essentially, anyone who wants to experience the excitement of horse racing at the top, the satisfaction of watching your horse train to win, and to receive exclusive invitations and membership benefits, should own a unit.
A miRunners unit is also the perfect gift idea for friends and family members. Note that owners must be over the age of 18.
There can only be one legal owner per unit holding. Our certificates are a great way to add multiple names, however only one owner receives the owner benefits per shareholding.
miRunners delivers a new model for thoroughbred ownership. At miRunners each thoroughbred is divided into 1,000 units.
So a horse purchased for $300,000 is sold for $300 per unit.
Being able to spread the costs across 1,000 owners significantly lowers the entry price point and more importantly the ongoing costs. Monthly costs drop to a minimal $16 per month for the first unit and just $5 per month for each additional unit. A cost that is affordable to many Australians.
Not only is the ongoing cost low, it is fixed at that rate to give you surety that you will always be able to enjoy your thoroughbred at this affordable rate.
Traditionally owners refer to the share of a horse they own. At miRunners we do not focus on the share of the horse you own but the experience of ownership. All owners are considered important and treated equally no matter how many units each own.
However ownership is capped at 20 units per thoroughbred making no owner have more than 2%.
One unit is 0.1%.
It is a new and different model which focuses on access to the best trainers in the country, premium thoroughbreds and the experience of owning. That is, the owner reports delivered directly to you and the in person visits to your thoroughbred, trainer and races days. As many owners tell us the anticipation and journey to get to racing is as exciting as the races itself!
You will be able to enjoy the race day with all your miRunners fellow owners!
There will be a miRunners Owner area so you can share the experience with your fellow owners, enjoy a personal debriefing from trainer and jockey and of course enjoy the hospitality.
We will also ballot the number of member and mounting yard tickets so everyone has an opportunity to be there over time.
miRunners will contact you a few days before to enter the ballot and then will draw names out and let you know if you received one of these special tickets for the day.
And as a member of the miRunners Club there will be other days available to you at different race tracks and special invitations to events at the track.
MiRunners management are also unit holders in each thoroughbred. We will always act in what we believe is in the best interests of the thoroughbred and of the unit holders. This will be the deciding factor in whether we race on after three years or retire the horse. If after three years we see the value in continuing to race on, you will be offered the option of either continuing with us or winding up your ownership. miRunners will look for suitable retirement from racing options including breeding and post-career options.
miRunners Thoroughbreds after racing
It is important to miRunners that the retraining and rehoming of the retired miRunners Scheme Horses that are considered not to be of any significant commercial value is well organised. The miRunners Thoroughbreds will be sent to locations solely for the purposes of retraining and rehoming the retired miRunners Scheme Horses.
The owners in each horse will have the final vote when it comes to naming the horse.
Calls go out for members of the public to submit names, a short list is then created and owners of the horse then have the chance to cast their final vote. The name with majority of owners’ votes will then be submitted and registered with Racing Australia.
So far, five miRunners thoroughbreds have been named this way.
To add a new payment method
- Go to Manage Payment options
- Select Add Credit/Debit Card
- Enter new details and save
To change the payment method on a subscription
- Go to View Subscriptions tab
- Select View to see subscription
- Once in Subscription Details select Edit
- Once in Edit Subscription, select new payment method (CC just entered) and Save
- Go back to Manage Payment Options and delete previous card details if necessary
Please note this only works on desktop. This function is not available on mobile.
Yes, you can buy into any of our thoroughbreds no matter where you live. Just like any sporting team, some events may be easier to access if you live locally, however thinking Golden Slipper, Derby Day, Magic Millions to name only a few, there is amazing racing across Australia, you are definitely welcomed to own and get behind any thoroughbreds you love and attend any of the events.
We have never had a horse race unsold. We have underwriters who are willing to take on any remaining units if a horse is unable to be sold to the public before racing.
miRunners typical buy yearlings to ensure our owners are part of the whole experience from breaking in and pre-training, to naming the horse and then racing starts.
The majority of yearlings we purchase early in the year have had at least a trial come spring, however as racing is a wait and see game, it will depend on your horse as to when it is ready to run.
We choose the best trainers in the country to ensure that our horses run when they are well and truly ready to give you the best chance at winning.
Visiting and connecting with your horse is an important part of ownership.
miRunners plans events and open days to give you opportunities to meet your horse. We usually try to host some kind of event each quarter where possible.
However due to stable and farm restrictions and workloads it is not always possible to stop in and see you horse.
Many trainers have particular open days to their stable and often advertise these on their websites, so we encourage our owners to try and attend these.
As always on race day, we make it a priority to give access to owners to view their horse us close where possible.
There can only be one legal owner of each unit holding. This is because we are only able to offer one lot of benefits such as a race day ticket or event ticket to each unit holder.
Due to this requirement, syndicate ownerships are not recommended. Everyone in the syndicate can buy a unit so you can enjoy the fun together. We do however provide the ability to have your syndicate name listed on your ownership certificate for memorabilia.
If emails are not being sent to an owner your email server maybe blocking the emails or sending you to spam. To fix this you will need to add mirunners.com and m.mistable.com to your White List (sometimes referred to as Safe Recipients List/Safe Senders List).
BigPond Email Account
To request a Whitelisting, Call Technical Support on 133 933 or send an email to BigPond Technical Support (you can chat to a support person when you are on the Support page by choosing “Problem with my Service, then choose email) with the following message:
Please add all emails from mirunners.com AND m.mistable.com to my White list/Safe Senders List. These emails contain important information about my horse(s) and I need them delivered to my inbox.
Gmail Email Account
- Login to Gmail, click on the gear icon and select “Settings”
- Select “Filters and blocked addresses”
- Scroll past all your existing filters and select “Create a new filter”
- In the “From” field, enter mirunners.com and m.mistable.com
- Choose “Never send to spam” box and click “Create Filter”. The email address will now be whitelisted.
Moving miRunners emails to your Primary Inbox:
- Go to Promotions tab and open an email from miRunners.
- Click “Labels” at the menu bar.
- Untick the checkbox beside the word Promotions in the dropdown menu then click “Apply”.
- Alternatively, go to Promotions tab. Left-click and hold on a miRunners email.
- Drag it from Promotions tab to Primary tab.
- Release the mouse to drop the email into the newly selected tab.
- Once dropped, Gmail displays a pop-up box asking if you want to make this change permanent.
- Click “Yes” to ensure that all emails from the same “From” address will appear in the Primary tab going forward.
Mac Email Account
- From your inbox, open an email from the Sender.
- In the “From” line, click on miStable to bring up an options box.
- Choose “Add to Contact” from the dropdown menu.
Yahoo Email Account
- Login and click the “Options” gear icon in the top-right corner. Click “Options.”
- Choose “Filters” on the list of options on the left of the screen. Click “Add” button. Type a name for the filter in the “Filter Name” field. This name is used for your reference.
- Locate the “Sender” column. Choose “Contains.” Select the text field, and enter mirunners.com to add to your safe list.
- Verify that the drop-down field marked “Then deliver the email to the following folder” is set to “Inbox.” Yahoo sends all messages from the safe list domain directly to your inbox. Press “Save.”
- Press the “Add” button and repeat the steps for m.mistable.com.
Outlook (Windows Live Hotmail) Email Account
- Login and go to the Home tab.
- In the Delete group, select Junk.
- Select Junk E-mail Options.
- In the Junk Email Options dialog box, go to the Safe Senders tab.
- Select Add.
- In the Add address or domain dialog box, enter mirunners.com.
- Repeat the steps for m.mistable.com.
Other Email Account
- Click “Options”.
- Click “Safe senders”.
- Add the Sender’s email address to the safe senders list and click “Confirm”.