With no mark-up on the purchase price of the horse, ownership with miRunners will always be built on quality, transparency and trust.
It is somewhat unique to miRunners for a yearling to be offered without the price being marked up from the sale price, however this is key in delivering owners the transparency we believe is important in earning the trust of the public.
We are doing something that has never been done before and making ownership affordable to all Australians for the first time. As with anything new, we need to earn your trust and whilst results cannot be guaranteed, everything we do is built on quality, transparency and trust – and that starts with the cost of the horse.
At miRunners, when we buy a horse from the auctions say at $275,000 (inc GST) – we sell it to the public for a total of $275,000. There are no ifs, buts or exceptions: miRunners horses are always sold at cost price with no mark-up.
miRunners makes ownership affordable by purchasing premium thoroughbreds, matching them up with Australia’s best trainers and splitting the cost by 1,000. So for a horse purchased for $275,000 – it will cost $275 per unit.
Monthly fees are also simple and inexpensive with miRunners. – miRunners has a flat fee.
You pay $15 per month for your first unit, and $5 per month for any additional units you purchase in the same horse. These fees cover training, vet fees, legal and administrative costs, insurance, transport, regular race nominations etc. It covers everything except for major race nominations (eg: if your horse makes the Melbourne Cup it will cost $50 per unit for the nomination fee).
This gives you a first-class ownership experience for a price that is within reach for all Australians.
Horse and Trainers available
- Lyrical Girl (trained by Tony Gollan in QLD)
- Not A Single Doubt x Countess Dehere (trained by Troy Corstens in VIC)
- Written Tycoon x Sponsored (trained by Robert Heathcote in QLD)
- Snitzel x Typing (trained by Chris Munce in QLD)
Benefits of ownership
- Certificate of ownership
- Weekly updates from the trainer/stable
- Opportunities to meet your horse
- Pro-rata share in prize money won
- Pro-rata share in sales proceeds at end of career
- Private area to watch your horse with other owners on race day (dependent on the track conditions)
- A dedicated customer service team to answer queries by phone, email or facebook 7 days a week
- Emotional connection in a premium thoroughbred horse
- The opportunity to be part of a group of over 2,400 passionate owners, and the chance to develop life-long friendships
How to get involved
Simply click on Our Stable to pick your horse or trainer and follow the prompts to purchase. With many of our horses heading to the races soon, there is no better time to secure your ownership unit!