miRunners trainers have five runners in this Saturday’s $2m Group 1 Sydney Cup at Randwick.
A field of 20 starters will set off on the two-mile feature handicap.
The Sydney Cup is one of four Group 1 Sydney Autumn Racing Carnival features held on Day 2 of The Championships at Royal Randwick Racecourse on the second Saturday in April each season.
The 2016 Melbourne Cup winner Almandin heads up the weights with 57kg. Chairman’s Handicap winner Sir Charles Road is in the field as is Adelaide Cup winner Fanatic while Japanese raider Prestwick adds further interest to the race.
RECENT NEWS: This is why Not A Royal Doubt is a bargain
Last year Chris Waller’s tough stayer Who Shot Thebarman was the 57kg top weight but this year he carries 55kg.
The last horse to complete the Chairman’s Handicap – Sydney Cup double was the Gai Waterhouse-trained The Offer (2014).
The 2018 Sydney Cup takes place at Royal Randwick this Saturday April 14.
miRunners trainers have drawn the following barriers:
- VENTURA STORM trained by David & B Hayes & T Dabernig – BARRIER 8
- FANATIC trained by David & B Hayes & T Dabernig – BARRIER 16
- CISMONTANE trained by Gai Waterhouse & Adrian Bott – BARRIER 3
- ADMIRAL JELLO trained by Kris Lees – BARRIER 15
- DOUKHAN trained by Kris Lees – BARRIER 14 (emergency)
To browse the range of horses and trainers that miRunners makes affordable to all Australians, please click here.